Who’s the weirdo doing more DIY stuff now that she’s living in an apartment than when she had a whole garage to work in? Yup, that’d be me! You may be wondering where I have space to get my creative on. So I will show you….
There it is in all it’s glory. My balcony. I LOVE IT!!!! The only downside is being reliant on good weather.
Since I had an entire day without children and with beautiful weather last week I knocked off a few projects from my “Ooh That’s A Good Idea, I Wanna Try It” list. And since this is the season of color I decided to paint this yard sale lamp base…
I wasn’t sure how I was going to do it, but after researching a bit I decided to go with spray paint. I was actually pretty nervous about it since I use the lamp everyday and if I screwed it up…well, we’d have a funky (not in the good way) lamp to look at everyday. I went for it anyway.
Did you know that spray paint travels? Well I do now.
If this is something you might be interested in trying here are a few tips:
1. Make sure you are in a WELL ventilated area and you might want to cover your nose and mouth with a cool bandana (as yours truly did).
2. Make sure you cover anything within a few feet area with plastic. Checking the direction of the wind may be wise too.
3. Clean off the area your painting. Make sure it’s dry.
4. Cover the cord and metal (and anything else you don’t want painted) with painters tape.
5. Don’t over paint. Spray a light coat. Let it dry. Paint again. Repeat until you have the coverage you want.
And the finished product…
It turned out much better than I thought it would. PHEW! I love what it adds to the room. And when I say this I say it in all seriousness…If I can do it ANYONE can do it!
Hope you enjoyed my project of the week.