You know you have a lot on your mind when you get out of the shower and can’t remember if you shaved or not. Thankfully for me my subconscience was at work and both legs are silky smooth, but it could have easily gone the other way! There has been so much going on lately and it’s finally time I told you what. Before getting to the exciting stuff I first want to give a quick explanation for my lack of writing the last several weeks. As I mentioned a couple months back I started a new job. Everything is still going well there but we’ve been under staffed which means overtime! I haven’t had the opportunity to work OT for…..never so I have been taking advantage with it. For me that looks like going to work for 8 hours and then coming home to log back in and work a couple/few more hours from home. Needless to say, I have been too brain-numbed to blog. And then there is the other stuff…
The other stuff:
1. Dog sitting. 3 weeks ago we had the priviledge of dog sitting the BEST dog on the planet! Seriously. He is so well behaved and calm, yet playful at the right times. AND I wasn’t allergic to him. He’s a Golden-Doodle, with the size of a Golden Retriever and the dander (or lack there of) of a Poodle. Usually the only dogs I’m not allergic to are the small yippy ones that I’d rather not have. B and I didn’t want to give him back to his parents! We just found out that he has sibling puppies and I WANT ONE! Alas, the finances aren’t going to allow for it this time, but soon. If anyone would like to donate…hehe.
2. House repairing and cleaning. (I should have made this number 1 since it’s the most boring. This may be a good time to get a snack and get back in time for number 2.) We FINALLY cleaned out the garage and did some minor home repairs. I am happy to report I now have a door bell that won’t cut a finger trying to push it and a door knob on the laundry room door all thanks to B!
3. Brother where art thou? Oh, here you are! My little brother, J, came for a visit! It’s been probably about a year since the last time he visited so it was an over due treat. We got to spend a weekend with him and his girlfriend, whom I was meeting for the first time. All I have to say is any grown woman who gets under the dinning room table with me to avoid the nerf artillary flying above our heads from the raging battle between J and B as if it were an everyday occurance is ALL RIGHT in my book.
4. Party like it’s my birthday…cause it was! July 1st actually. It was also the last year I turned 30 something. AHHH! B’s birthday is coming up in August and it’s his first year turning 30 something. We ONLY have one year in the same decade! To celebrate we went away to a great little B&B in Banner Elk, NC for a weekend of R&R. It was PERFECT!
Now for the even more fun part!
5. INTRODUCING WRINKLED BLANKET MEDIA! EEEEeeee! This is the most exciting news for B and I! We have been working diligently at starting a business together and it is finally official (I mean, DUH, we have a FaceBook page). We are Wrinkled Blanket Media and it all started with our friends L & V who so graciously allowed us to shoot their wedding (under a strict stipulation that we also had to have fun as their guests). I think we accomplished both quite nicely. You can see our work on FB or Vimeo and judge for yourself. If you like what you see please click the “Like” button.
Well, there you have it. It’s been a whirl wind of a few weeks and the coming weeks promise much of the same. I will try to be more diligent in making time to write but at this point I make no promises. If you have a story you’d like to share please it to me at email@example.com.